Monday, November 01, 2004

A Prayerful Context to Voting

Many of us will be praying for election results to be as we hope! The choices we make will have consequences on local, state, national and international arenas.

Velveteen Rabbi has a wonderful posting on the sacred potential of voting. I strongly encourage you to read it. She ends with a prayer by Rabbi David Seidenberg. I will be taking it with me to the polls tomorrow morning and will recite it between voting and working the morning shift at my polling place. (For a local issue, although I will also keep my eyes open for people who are being disenfrachised from voting in this swing state.)

Here is a link to the prayer on Velveteen Rabbi's site. Or, if you'd rather have a link to a PDF of the prayer click here.

VOTE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home