Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Another Link Addition

>Allison (mazal tov on your new neice) introduced me to Giving Up Sundays, an Israeli blog.

The title itself brought back memories of living in Israel. One of the elements of minor culture-shock when I first arrived was the idea that the weekend was Shabbat only - Friday mid-day through Saturday. Sunday was a regular day. Wow - living the Jewish calendar each week and holidays. Fun - most of the time.

Many who work in the rabbinate are long used to giving up our Sundays for Religious School, teaching, tutoring, programs and events. Maybe instead of grumbling about it, I can think of it as one way to live my life closer to how it is lived in Israel!

Typing farewell to use my time well now and every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home